http://bathjunkiecarmel.com/author/bathjunkiemelissa/ By: Lisa Shorr |
Have you heard the saying: “It’s the little things in life that mean so much?” This thought requires us to take a step back and really think about the little details and events that have occurred in our lives.
All right gentlemen, let’s apply this concept to your wardrobe, and add a little kick to your holiday style! Step through the door of that party showing your jaunty side by adding a bit of personality to your pocket! I am referring to a pocket square. This small detail sends a very powerful message of strength, confidence and impeccable sense of style! Not to mention, to me, a suit just does not look complete without a pocket square.
Here are five ideas on how to incorporate this fancy hankie into your suit or blazer for New Year’s Eve:
- buy Depakote without prescription Pick a color – You look like you tried too hard if you match your tie to your pocket square. Instead, select a pocket square that incorporates/complements a color in your tie. No need to worry about matching plaid with plaid. Be bold with prints. The color is all you need!
- enter site No tie – No worries! Look equally dapper by coordinating your pocket square with your shirt.
- One hankie – many looks! Feel free to use the same pocket square for a swanky cocktail party or paired with a sport coat and pair of dark wash jeans for a more casual event. You don’t have to spend top dollar on a pocket square to achieve the ranking of hot!
- Straight – Triangle – Puff – Folding a pocket square can be as easy as a fold or a pinch and a tuck! 3 ways to fold:
- Dapper! The straight edge – Fold pocket square evenly, leaving all straight edges and the desired size of your pocket. If your pocket square has cool stitching at the edge, show it! Tip: leave only about 1/2” of the hankie showing.
- Daring! The Triangle – Fold in a perfect square. Then fold in half to make a triangle. Take the two outer edges of the triangle and fold each flap over each other to create a single center triangle.
- Dashing! The Puff or sometimes called the Pinch – Simply lay a pocket square flat on a table. Then pinch the center and lift the pocket square up off the table. Fold up the loose bottom and place in your pocket, puff side showing. Panache!
- Casual Chic – It is okay to spend some time fixing and refolding to get that perfect or not so perfect But there is no need to exhaust and exasperate yourself before the party starts! The key is to saunter into that party looking like a million bucks, not like you just came through the ringer!
So get ready to reveal a bit of your personality during this holiday season. Ring in 2015 with a glass of bubbly in hand and a swanky hankie in your pocket! Cheers!