When we think about spring makeup, fresh looks usually come to mind. “Barely there,” dewy makeup provides an instant transition to spring after the drier, colder winter months.
One easy way to achieve this look is to prep the skin with an apricot kernel oil product. Apricot oil mimics the skin’s own oil, so it is ideal for all skin types. After patting into the skin, allow to sit on the skin for a minute or so, then dab your foundation onto the skin with a sponge. Contour with bronzer under the cheekbones, under the jawline, and along the sides of the nose. Be sure to blend to avoid any harsh lines.
Groom the brows, filling in any “bald spots”. Apply mascara and a tinted lip balm and you have a polished but very subtle makeup look.
While that is always one of the key looks for spring makeup and the basis for the looks of the season, other trends definitely emerged on the runways from which we can take inspiration and add some pizzazz.
http://terredumondedecor.com/wp-json/oembed/1.0//"http:////terredumondedecor.com//lime-products-lime-paint///" my blog – Strong Eyebrows. The emphasis is on properly shaped, groomed, and defined eyebrows. A professional eyebrow shaping and regular upkeep is one of the easiest ways to give your eyes more pop.
– The Cat Eye. Still a very strong runway trend, but for spring, designers sent their models on the runway in bright colored liner in addition to the classic black. And some went as far as emphasizing the eyes with the “cat eye swoop;” eyeshadow that not only covers the lid but also swoops to a point all the way to the end of the brow.
– Lashes, lashes, and more lashes!! To create Twiggy-like lashes for every day, start with a very subtle, neutral shadow. Curl the lashes. Apply a thickening primer to boost the mascara’s effect and give it more staying power. Apply one coat of waterproof mascara to set the curl. Finish with a volumizing, lengthening mascara.
* Passionate Purple and Bold Blue Eyeshadow: If there are two strong color trends for eyeshadows, these are it. Purples and mauves really make green and blue eyes pop. Opt for blue tones if your eyes are brown.
- The Smoky Eye. Always sexy and always “in.” Keep it soft for spring by simply adding the smoky eye to the “barely there” makeup look described above.
- Bright Lips. Whether they are passionate red or luscious berry, strong lips give instant sophistication to the face. Powder the lips first to prime, line the lips to define the shape, and then fill in with lipcolor or lip-gloss. Blot and reapply another coat of color for more sticking power. A tinted lip balm or a clear gloss are great alternatives if you are a bright lipstick novice. Be sure to keep the eyes very soft and neutral.
Spring is always a time for renewal and it’s a great time to have fun and experiment with different makeup looks! The key is not to overdo it. Stick to one focal point at a time to keep your look fresh and current.